TOS Staff Provides Continuing Education and Training
9 November 2015
An important mission of The Oncology Service is to promote advances in the field and to help educate other veterinarians and technicians on the best practices in veterinary oncology. Many of the doctors and technicians of The Oncology Service have given their time to provide such educational opportunities to others. Listed below are several of the recent and upcoming lectures given by our team:
- Dr. Angharad Waite - Lymphoma in Small Animals. November 1, 2015. Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond, VA.
- Dr. Courtney Mallett- Advanced Cytological Techniques and Applications for the Oncology Patient. November 8, 2015. Friendship Hospital for Animals.
- Rebecca Karabinus - Basics of Radiation Oncology- what is it, how does it work and Case Studies. February 26, 2016. Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center, VA.
- Dr. Pamela White - The Role of Radiation in Cancer Management: Who, What and Why. March 13, 2016. The Science Museum of Virginia.
- Dr. Susan Mendez - Outcome of dogs treated with locoregional radiation therapy for high grade mast cell tumors. October 16, 2015. Sheraton, Tysons Corner, VA.
- Brittany McDole, LVT – Chemotherapy Safety. February 26, 2016. Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center, VA.
- Dr. Ira Gordon – Advances in Radiation Therapy and New and Little Known Uses of Radiation. October 18, 2015. National Conference Center, VA.
- Dr. Chand Khanna - Delivering the Future, Personalized Medicine for Veterinary Cancer Patients. October 18, 2015. National Conference Center, VA.
- Candace Johnson, LVT- Acute Tumor Lysis Syndrome. November 1, 2015. Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond, VA.